Thursday, April 17, 2008

YOU WILL

I am a firm believer that the great Creator of this universe has a divine appointment book with designated sections for each one of us. Today, I found myself in four distinct and different situations where I know I was meant to be with certain people. God was very gracious in making these appointments, for it was exactly the medicine that I needed.

Negative doubts about my self-worth have been plaguing me for quite sometime. Consequently, it has paved the way for some weighty bouts of depression. Three times today the Lord met me through some very unusual sources – two were classmates, one was my Writing instructor. I am certain that each of these divine appointments were used specifically to showcase God’s love. I was able to walk away with a profound sense of His presence and leading.

Voice and pen.....Voice and pen......
These are the gifts I must put to use.

In my fourth appointment, I was able to encourage someone else, yet this person was not able to receive it. I understand that this too is all in God’s hands.

When the believer faces resistance, it does not negate God’s holiness or His amazing ability to overturn an unfavorable situation. He is still on the throne; this we can count on.

When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.
Acts 11:23