Wednesday, April 23, 2008

EXPLOSIVE DUST CLOUDS

I have land mines in my room. I'm not sure who planted them there, but I suspect that nasty culprit named Neglect did it. Several of these allergy driven land mines exploded while I was cleaning up today. POOF! WHOOSH! These were the silent clouds of dust that blew up every time I dumped a pile. Neglect has held me prisoner far too long.

Tackling the land mines in my room is one small step to freedom. For my neatnik friends, the task of cleaning one's room may seem like a no-brainer. I wish that were the case for me. Unfortunately, I have tainted pack rat blood that is heavily embedded in my DNA. Sadly, my artistic bent only makes it worse. It's time to purge and twist my "bent" in a more positive direction.

Here is a photograph of Grace I took a few years ago. I found it buried underneath one of the land mines in my room. Grace is exemplifying the way that I feel.

Here's to the joy of purging!
Here's to the freedom of letting go!


But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
Psalm 5:11