Monday, October 13, 2008

SUPERNATURAL NAVIGATOR

Dreams are so much a reflection of this present life – with all of its tonal values both dark and light and shadows of grey.

I was driving up a very steep and windy road located on a cliff. It was not long before I started to become anxious. The breaks had gone out. The car started rolling faster and faster. And, then at some point the car did something extremely unusual. It started to move backwards. I kept hitting the breaks to no avail. It dawned on me that I was facing eminent death. There was nothing I could do except call out to God.

At this point in the dream (I have to confess) – it got a little campy. I really can’t stand this song, (so I find this interesting at best) but in my dream the audio played "Jesus take the wheel." This is about as weird as the dream got.

Anyway, I called out to God and sure enough the car started to navigate those steep curves (backwards, no less) supernaturally. I had No Control. And, just like in life when we ask the Lord for help, we question Him. I had asked for His divine intervention and at the same time I was wondering how the car was navigating those curves while it was speeding backwards. Eventually, the car was safely guided to a sandy bank. I got out and was completely baffled by the whole experience.

I ended up at a church (I used to attend ages ago) and saw my pastor. He looked at me and said, “Oh good you’re here. Now you can help me with this.”

In my head I kept thinking, “But, pastor you don’t know what I’ve just been through.” And, yet the look on his face indicated that the Lord knew.

In the end, this is all that truly matters.


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;


And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,

Nor shall the flame scorch you.

-Isaiah 42:3