Thursday, July 31, 2008

HE IS IN CONTROL


Singer-Songwriter Corrinne May, singing "Fly Away."
Beautiful!



A few days ago I had a dream that I had flown higher and faster than any other flying dream that I have ever had.

The dream started with me driving in my car up on a high mountaintop. I was reminded of Italy (even though I've never been there). There were several villages below and the landscape was beautiful. Once I reached the top I was able to see that road was not passable. Several trees had dropped and their were huge boulders scattered everywhere. I sat down on a rock, looked at the landscape, and wondered what I was going to do.

A hiker walked around the corner from the road I had travelled on. She sat down beside me and talked with me. I looked directly at her and asked her what she was doing there. She smiled and said, "You know me." A powerful sense of who this person was emerged; I recognized that she was an angel.

She seemed to disapear in a shroud of light at the same time that I was commissioned to fly.
The flight was pure vertical. I went up and up and up. It almost felt like being in a strong vacuum. I had no control over the direction or course. Yet, I knew I was completely safe. The flight was exhilirating and joyful.

As I have now come to understand this dream, I believe that the Lord was allowing me to see a glimpse into the spiritual realm. For the last several months, I have been wrestling with a trial that has at times perplexed me, saddened me, and discouraged me. The divine intervention into my dream is clear. My road has been seemingly impassable. And, yet The Lord God has called me to be an overcomer. To experience true triumph and soaring over all of my problems. He has been faithful to remind me that He has it all in control.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
-Jeremiah 29:11